Attention Deficit Therapy
Monday, January 05, 2004
 
2004, I'm going to score! Dammit, that's lame.
But sort of accurate. I'm back at work (unfortunately), totally broke (unfortunately), and packing an extra 10 holiday lbs (most unfortunate). Oh well. The gluttony and hedonism was fun while it lasted. I now have this vision of myself from the last couple of weeks, tipsy and on a gigantic, Whitman's Sampler-induced sugar high, ripping through yards of snowman-motif wrapping paper, a glistening strand of drool dangling from the corner of my greasy mouth. This image continuously reappears and then quickly deteriorates as I sit in my cheap IKEA office chair, sipping 3-hour-old starbucks (purchased via giftcard!), staring blankly as the Microsoft Outlook button flashes incessantly, announcing new mail that I have no desire to read, never mind reply to. For the love of god, I'm so overwhelmed right now, I can't even read about Britney's marriage. The only thing I can really commit to at this point is finding a new slogan for my new year. For some reason I need a slogan. Last year was "2003, relationship-free!" And it worked pretty well-- I'm like my own personal life-coach! But 2004 I'm still working on... And it's a damn good thing that lots of words rhyme with 4.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

free web counter
Verizon Wireless Phones