Attention Deficit Therapy
Wednesday, January 28, 2004
 
The Week In Friendster
In some meager attempt to make up for lost time with a grand gesture, and in light of several recent discussions regarding whether or not it is "normal" to "friendster-message," I've decided to give anyone who cares a glimpse into the world that is my friendster inbox. Naturally, as I am writing this, and I don't want to personally appear lame, I have failed to include any of my responses, if I did choose to respond. I think it's more fun this way. Now YOU can decide who I should friendster-message back. yikes.


From: Jordan
Date: January 20, 2004 11:33 AM
Subject: haha
Message: i was just poking around on freindster and here you are. i even clicked on your picture becuase i thought you were cute, not realizing it was you.jordan

[This was sort of hot, but it was after an actual in-person meeting and not just a random message. Of course, I don' t really believe that he "randomly" found me on friendster. Clearly, I had already friendster-stalked him by the time I got this... Oh well. This is how the week started out.]


From: Simian
You are connected to Simian through:
You Brian Danny Lady-S Simian You Brian Scott Lady-S Simian You Vincent Dana Julie Simian
[See all 11 Connections]
Date: January 21, 2004 2:36 PM
Subject: liZ
Message: just browsing......i really like your profile............i stay in the greater los angeles area.........originally from chicago..........musician/poet/artist......looking to meet people w/ same interests........i also print t-shirt designs in my spare time.......outgoing....love to travel..............spontaneous....wild at times......yet down to earthy..........maybe we can be buddies.......if you decide to add me...my email is.......burningbaby13@hotmail.comsimian.....p.s.the pics on my profile are NOT of me.......they are from my extensive photo collection.....take care...keep in touch

[Simian has issues with the elipsis. In addition, do we not first have to "be in touch" to "keep in touch"?]


From: Paul
Date: January 22, 2004 2:13 AM
Subject: Miz Liz
Message: hey Robin Hood,Need a new massage therapist?P>

[It must be stated here, that though this message is brief, a picture is indeed worth a thousand words. Paul is h.o.t.]



From: Holmes
You are connected to Holmes through:
You Meanie Maranda Vyvyan Andrea Holmes You Meghanne Bree Brian Life Holmes You Meghanne Frankenstein Miriam Holmes
[See all 20 Connections]
Date: January 22, 2004 1:09 PM
Subject: hey
Message: you're cute!mark


[mmm. This is so effective. I'm getting hot just thinking about that use of exclamation point.]


From: Sebastian
You are connected to Sebastian through:
You Brian amy k Sebastian
Date: January 27, 2004 12:46 PM
Subject: let's go, now
Message: I like urgency. You don't have to think too much when you do something fast. Not thinking at all works best. Kill the future!


[I like this one. He could be my new boyfriend. I admit it, the banter has definitely continued.]


From: Rob
You are connected to Rob through:
You Meghanne Pete Laura Rob You Aislinn Noah Lord Chadwick Rob You Brian kett-NERD Rhb Rob
[See all 12 Connections]
Date: January 27, 2004 2:10 PM
Subject: your favourite friendster stranger
Message: hello my name is rob how are you doingi'm writing you to say hello. i read your profile and you said you like bars with fire places which is a coincedince because i like playing with matches in bars. anyway when your not robbing the rich what do you do? i'm guessing your an artist judging from our friendster connections yes/no?


[And though the man does bear more than a slight resemblance to Vin Diesel, I believe the message merits at least a few bonus points. Take note gentlemen: makes reference to my profile, asks an interesting (or at least somewhat relevant) question, does not include the phrase "you're cute!"]


From: Mike
Date: January 27, 2004 7:31 PM
Subject: greetings
Message: hello,my name is mike. i'm 22, originally from nyc, but i go to school in maryland. i'm into meeting new people and you seem really cool. write back if you like and maybe we'll chat sometime. my AIM name is TheGreekNinja~mike


[And there you have it. This morning, I was greeted by TheGreekNinja. And I don't think I'll ever be the same.]
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

free web counter
Verizon Wireless Phones