Attention Deficit Therapy
Wednesday, June 16, 2004
 
Holy freaking gratuitous...
JENNIFER Lopez's new hubby Marc Anthony has bought his new bride gold feathered flip-flops, costing a staggering [$23,757.86].
Actor Marc, 34, chose the 18-carat sandals to show off what he reckons are 'the most beautiful feet in the world'.


WHY is it that when I read about these obscenely expensive freaking FLIP FLOPS a month ago, I just KNEW that they'd be on the feet of someone like freaking JLO in about 10 minutes. SERIOUSLY? Jesus Christ. This makes me sick. More than the fact that they even exist...That alone I can probably even rationalize as some sort of crazy fashion/art (sculpture??) experiment...eh...maybe...but someone actually buying them?? [side note: I'm totally aware of my egregious use of caps/italics/punctuation. Read: really pissed off.]

AHHHHHRRGHGH. I'm sorry, I think I need to go throw up now. This is seriously, seriously fucking insane. It sort of brings me back to last week, when I was so fortunate to partake in the ridiculously expensive/grotesque overture that is Madonna's summer "Re-Invention" tour. At one point, the old hag actually stands in the middle of the stage and sings John Lennon's 'Imagine.' But here's the best part!! OBVIOUSLY, while she's up there singing, there is a gigantic video screen behind her, projecting 50 ft images of...what else? Starving African children. So in a moment of pure genius, my friend leaned over to me and muttered something to the effect of "what percentage of the ticket sales did she say is going to feed the children?" Ha. Exactly. No, I'm pretty sure that Madonna's priorities are more in line with "spreading the Kabbalahist lifestyle" or some equally vital shit. Ech. I loathe rich people.

New hubby buys J-Lo £13,000 flip-flops [via The Sun]


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

free web counter
Verizon Wireless Phones