Attention Deficit Therapy
Friday, July 02, 2004
 
Banterist - Dear J-Lo & Current Occupant
I'm posting from this site again. Seriously, I've got tears of joy pouring down my face. This is HYSTERICAL. If you don't agree, we are not friends. That's it. I'm officially Banterist superfan #1.

"Madame Lo:
We do not know each other, but I felt it my duty to write and ask that you, all of you, immediately cease making a total mockery of the institution of marriage. By 'all of you' I mean you and the myriad celebrities in your vicinity who are currently participating in this unholy pogrom. If you're friends with Britney, Liza, Demi, Angelina - any of them - please ask them to stop too. This is getting as silly as it is unbearable.
Due to my wife's unfortunate subscription to Us Weekly I have been exposed to many things, such as this love and marriage mockery, with which I take umbrage. In the course of only a few months, and solely by exposure to headlines on covers of Us left on the coffee table, I have been witness to a pattern of ludicrous nuptials and unstable romances that are a direct assault on ideals and institutions that, at the very least, deserve to be taken more seriously than a trip to the pharmacy. Not since my 7-year old brother married a neighbor in between a game of hide-and-seek have I seen such a lowering of the bar for what is considered love, not to mention poorly-planned rushes to matrimony."

Banterist - Dear J-Lo & Current Occupant:
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

free web counter
Verizon Wireless Phones