Attention Deficit Therapy
Tuesday, July 20, 2004
 
In response to Uber-Christianity and whatnot.
Someone left me an anonymous comment about the last post.  Here, I'll quote it so you don't even have to click the link:
 
okay, saying that your friend is an UBER-christian is like saying all muslims are terrorists. ridiculous. 10 to 1 your friend is not standing on the street corners of boston chasing down commuters to SERVE JC or perish in SATAN'S FIERY HELL!! i'm sure she is shocked and appalled. i highly doubt that she said she would vote republican because it is more christian.. it was probably more along the lines of ONE possible reason for voting george w is because he isn't as wishy-washy in expressing his faith publicly. you're turning all michael moorish on the poor girl.
 
VERY interesting that whoever wrote this mentioned Boston.  I mean, I live in NYC.  Most of the people I know live in NYC.  This aforementioned friend, however, does live in the Boston area.  I am thus inclined to believe that the anonymous comment was posted by either the friend in question, or an individual with ESP.  Seeing as though the friend in question would certainly not be "shocked and appalled" by the fact that I referred to her as "uber-christian," as she'd know I am not using the term literally, (you know, irony and all, and because I'm so funny! but really, it's because she's not very extremist at all except in opposition to my own distaste for organized religions), I would have to assume that the anonymous comment-poster is indeed very talented in the psychic-realms-department.  How fun!
 
Additionally, Mr. Comment person, I really hope that you also enjoy the ways of sarcasm and were doing just that when you mentioned, "saying that your friend is an UBER-christian is like saying all muslims are terrorists. ridiculous."  HAhahaha.  oh, you are funny.  That is ridiculous.  Please humor me.  Because I know you don't mean that saying that one person believes very, very strongly in something (even if "uber" was taken literally) is the equivilent of making a racist, xenophobic, judgement about an entire culture/society/religion.  Naw, you're too smart for that, I'm sure. 
 
Ah! and before I forget: "it was probably more along the lines of ONE possible reason for voting george w is because he isn't as wishy-washy in expressing his faith publicly."  Let me adress this in 2 parts.  A) I never said the whole "Christian thing" was the only reason she wanted to vote for Bush, A.C. just assumed that.  And B) G.W. sure isn't wishy washy about expressing his faith publicly.  Nope, he makes it heard loud and clear that he has no qualms over subjecting the entire contry to his own personal religion of choice.  Over. And. Over. 
 
Oh hell, In God We Trust!
 
Sorry, I'm just getting silly now.  Or maybe "michael moorish," if you will...
 
On a brighter note, I did appreciate the link to this IRS press release--Charities May Not Engage in Political Campaign Activities--that states:
 
Organizations described in section 501(c)(3) of the Code that are exempt from federal income tax are prohibited from participating or intervening in any political campaign on behalf of, or in opposition to, any candidate for public office. Charities, educational institutions and religious organizations, including churches, are among those that are tax-exempt under this code section.
 
So I guess Falwell really should have his tax-exempt status revoked, eh? 

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

free web counter
Verizon Wireless Phones