Attention Deficit Therapy
Tuesday, July 27, 2004
 
O'Brien on Gallo.
On film festivals: 'I want to make a film with a handicapped Black Jew lesbian main character so I can win at Sundance.' On Tim Roth: 'Tim Roth is like holding a penis upside down to make it appear erect.' On Buffalo '66 co-star Christina Ricci: 'I don't like her. But it's okay. She's basically a puppet. I told her what to do, and she did it.' On Harmony Korine: ' . . . a mini-dwarf, faggot date-raper.' On his hometown Buffalo: 'Like Deliverance with smoke stacks.'

I wish everybody was fierce and outspoken like that. Everything that's wrong with everything, from mass entertainment to our government, starts with things being hushed up. We live in a culture of cop-outs and proclaimed powerlessness, tort laws and 12-step cults. But Vincent Gallo is a guy who speaks his mind and stands by his word.


Seriously? Is this guy trying to play the same sort of tired mindfuck that Vincent Gallo has made so famous? I don't get it. I guess I'm not very hip or something? Don't get me wrong, I love Buffalo '66 as much as every other 20-something who lives in the East Village, but I'm really annoyed by the cult-worship of V.G. I think he's sort of an idiot. And I definitely don't think his ego needs any more hero worship.

OK, ready? 1...2...3...hatemail now!

PAPERMAG MAGAZINE


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

free web counter
Verizon Wireless Phones