Attention Deficit Therapy
Friday, September 24, 2004
 
Lifestyles of the rich...vapid, and ignorant...
Don't get me wrong, I like needlessly expensive, yet incredibly desireable clothing just as much as the next 20-something Manhattanite, (I read magazines, I have credit cards, I covet Manolos...) but this makes me want to vomit. Or cry. Or bury my head in the sand until 2009.

"You would never know from the spring collections that there was a bitter presidential campaign going on. Remember George W. Bush and John Kerry? Oh yeah, those dudes. And what about the demonstrations, protest T-shirts and hollering about Iraq and oil money that filled New York barely a week before the shows? Fashion is supposed to reflect the times. But instead of reflecting a complex, divisive period in American history, American fashion was at the beach."

The New York Times > Fashion & Style > What Politics? Seventh Ave. Puts on a Sunny Face
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

free web counter
Verizon Wireless Phones